2017 is officially in the rearview mirror. While as marketers we are constantly in a state of looking forward, many of our future successes are built from today’s achievements. As a membership organization, AMADC continues to be strong and we—as its leaders—are focused on providing each of you with the experience and opportunities that prompted you to initially join our organization as a member.
Specifically, there were a few notable milestones achieved this past year that I am proud to share with you again. Additionally, there are exciting things on the horizon, which I think will make 2018 an even better year for AMADC:
2017: Year in Review
- AMADC received the Leadership in Excellence award—one of only 4 AMA chapters across the nation to achieve this honor.
- Provided members with access to more than 40 events (including a mix of AMADC programming, partner conferences and large industry events) —at preferred member pricing.
- Introduced members to our new AMADC identity, which included the unveiling of our refreshed chapter website (www.amadc.org)—featuring members from across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC celebrating AMA’s identity.
- The OneAMA Chapter Alliance, which is a unified partnership across the Baltimore, Philadelphia, Richmond, and Washington, DC chapters. The alliance allows AMADC members to receive reciprocal pricing benefits for all live events hosted by each respective chapter.
- Partnered with AMA National to offer all AMADC Members with a free practice test and an additional $20 off all final exam rates for AMA’s three Professional Certified Marketer® programs.
- A reimagined Mentor Program that continues to evolve, offering even more value to mentors and proteges
2018: What’s Ahead
- Great new programming, delivering timely and innovative topics from experts in their field.
- A continued conversation around the benefits of becoming an AMA Professional Certified Marketer® (PCM) in Digital Marketing.
- AMADC’s member-only 10% discount is expanding to apply to a growing number of Georgetown School of Continuing Studies certification degree programs (to be announced soon)
- The official launch of the AMADC Collegiate Connection: a renewed commitment by AMADC to engage with marketing students at area colleges and universities and connect them with professional opportunities across AMADC, including AMADC’s Young Professionals Group: District Current.
- A continued focus on building a stronger AMADC community.
Thanks to each of you for making 2017 such a memorable year for AMADC and for your continued support as members.
Cheers to 2018!