Marketing Mentors Network 2018-2019 – Events and Activities
Fall Event – October 29: Gallup Strengthfinders 2.0
- An interactive workshop focused on Gallup’s Clifton Strengths approach and assessment, with Chris Hagood, a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach.
Zoom Room with Dana – November 8: Thought Leadership and Your Personal Brand
- Coach Dana Theus presents non-typical tips and tricks for bringing thought leadership into your personal brand.
Mentor Happy Hour – November 13
- Social time just for mentors to connect and to get to know each other.
Fall Event 2 – December 10: The Coming Convergence of CX and Marketing
- An engaging deep dive into next-generation marketing with guest speaker Ed Bodensiek, founder of the brand experience agency, Cravety.
Mid-point check-ins – W/o January 7 and 14
- Dedicated group calls for mentors and proteges to check in with the leadership team to review progress and troubleshoot challenges.
Protégé Happy Hour – January 29
- Social time just for proteges to mix and mingle and to get to know each other.
- Crimson Whiskey Bar in Chinatown
Zoom Room with Dana – January 31: Negotiating Tips
- Join Coach Dana Theus for a quick overview of the core success factors in any negotiation.
- Discuss scenarios that apply in both business and personal work-life balance situations.
- Take away action items you can use with peers, friends, and family members!
Winter Event – February 11: Awaken the Storytelling Giant in You – Part 1*
- The right stories–personal, authentic, inspiring–can turn challenges into opportunities. In this two-part series, Ira Koretsky, The Chief Storyteller®, shows you how to turn your personal experiences into powerful stories that engage and inspire your stakeholders.
- For Day 1, apply a proven framework while learning concrete techniques to develop high-impact leadership stories.
Spring Event – March 11: Awaken the Storytelling Giant in You – Part 2*
- For Day 2, deliver your personal business story to fellow mentors and proteges in a learning lab environment. Selected proteges will share before-and-after example stories with the group and learn specific suggestions on how to improve delivery and messaging impact.
- Learn how to use your voice, body, and words together to be a more effective communicator. Come away with more confidence in delivering inspiring workplace stories to any audience at any level.
The Mentor Switch-Up – April 8: A Celebration and Closing
- A mix-up mentoring event, with different mentors and proteges paired up on-the-spot for “speed” mentoring and networking.
- Concludes 2018-2019 session.
* Qualifies for 3 CEUs for the AMA PCM Marketing Management