Join AMADC and guest speaker Rebecca Lombardo at Part 2 of the 2019 Knowledge Series on April 24, 2019 as she teaches us how to strengthen the delivery of our story. We sat down with Rebecca to get some thoughts and inspiration from her before the event!
What is your favorite part about being a marketer/story teller? Writing/Saying something that resonates with the audience.
Tell us about some brands/people that you follow because you admire their work and feel inspired by them?
- Avinash Kaushik: “Digital Marketing Evangelist” - he’s not joking about the evangelist part. Very passionate about data and using it.
- @100gramsofsun on Instagram is beautiful and combines 2 things I love (fashion & travel)
- Serial Podcast - an oldie but a goodie, especially with the new documentary. This was some of the best story telling I’ve ever heard.
What was the last book you read that left you feeling pumped up and full of ideas for your own work? Several! (in order of favoritism)
- Creativity, Inc. by Amy Wallace and Ed Catmull
- Measure What Matters by Larry Page, John Doerr
- Lost and Founder by Rand Fishkin (should have put him on the “admire their work” list)
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
What is one piece of advice you'd offer to a marketer who is trying to tell their brands story? Don’t force it. Fill your head with the data and the audience’s POV. Let your subconscious ruminate over it. Then write many drafts.
Join AMADC on Wednesday, April 24th to hear more from Rebecca and learn about the 3 main opportunities you have to tell your brand story successfully! Register now