Bringing young marketing professionals together to experience captivating DC offerings while building their knowledge, resources, and networks!
District Current is the Young Professionals community within the DC Chapter of the American Marketing Association. It’s a centralized hub of resources and a tight-knit community of inspiration for Young Professionals in the marketing industry in DC!
We’re thrilled you’re here and look forward to being a part of your marketing journey. As you take steps toward building and accomplishing your professional goals, know that we’re here to help make sure those steps are strong, productive and intentional!
Below you’ll find resources designed to be right at your fingertips as you continue to grow in your career.
- Stand Out Among the Masses
- Build Your Resume
- Find Your Next Big Opportunity
- Join AMA and Receive Even More Benefits and Offerings
- Keep In Touch
Stand Out Among the Masses!
Becoming a Professional Certified Marketer® shows you’re serious about making an impact with your career. Flexible enough to fit your schedule, but rigorous enough to test your knowledge, the PCM® program is the way to show employers you’re equipped to take on modern marketing challenges. AMA currently offers two different PCM® tracks, each with its own specialty:
- PCM® – Digital Marketing
- PCM® – Marketing Management
A few tips we recommend for someone pursuing the certification:
- Look through the different certification tracks that are being offered and decide which track applies best to you and your career/career goals
- Explore the Skills Inventory Checklist for that specific track to see where you currently stand with the exam. Do you feel confident in all the information or are there pieces that you could brush up on before taking the exam?
- Take the free Practice Exam to get an idea of what the exam will be like
- When you’re ready to register for the exam, be sure to use the AMADC Coupon Code “AMADC20” to receive $20 off your registration fee!
Build Your Resume!
Volunteer with AMADC to show you’re interested and engaged in the marketing industry
At AMADC, we’re always looking for volunteers to join our team to help continue to make AMADC great! By joining a committee, you get the chance to meet fellow marketers to build your network and gain experience within the marketing field to beef up that resume. Below are just a few examples of current volunteer openings. Sign up today to get involved!
Find Your Next Big Opportunity!
Are you in the process of looking for that next big career opportunity? Explore AMADC’s Job Bank and see what positions are out there just waiting for you.
Here’s how the Job Bank works, four easy steps:
- Step 1: Create a username and password to apply for jobs, create job alerts and post your profile
- Step 2: Update your profile (upload your resume and choose how you’d like your profile to appear: Public, Confidential or Private)
- Step 3: Explore “Resources,” including Career Learning Center, Reference Center and Career Coaching
- Step 4: Start searching for jobs by “keyword” or browse by job “Type,” “Category,” “Level,” and “State/Province.” You can even star your favorites. The best part? “Job Alerts” will email you daily with jobs that match your search.
Join AMA and Receive Even More Benefits and Offerings!
AMA brings together marketing professionals from all over the world to share techniques, technology and, most of all, exciting new ideas. As an AMA member, you are part of a network of over 30,000 members who work, teach and study in the field, with a wealth of knowledge and experience you can’t find anywhere else! Join today!
Membership Benefits Include:
- Innovative Resources and Tools
- As an AMA member, you’ll get unlimited access to our vast members-only resources, tools and content such as white papers, best practices, and research reports written by the most respected names in the industry.
- Conferences and Training
- Career Resources and Certification
- Industry Publications
- The AMA publishes a variety of magazines and journals directed to academics and marketing professionals. Your membership includes a subscription to Marketing News and another publication (specialty magazine or journal) of your choice.
Keep in Touch!
Feel free to contact Alex Virden, VP of District Current, with any questions you may come across as you work through these resources or if you have ideas for additional resources you think would be beneficial to add into the mix!
Be sure to follow District Current on Instagram at @districtcurrent to follow their journey as they take on marketing in DC!