Want to volunteer, but don't quite know how to get started?
We can make it easy for you. As part of our new Philanthropy Initiative, AMA-DC is delighted to partner with Taproot Foundation to engage the talents and generosity of our members through pro bono service to local nonprofits. We believe in the power of sharing and know that participants in this program will not only make a great contribution to those they are assisting, but will also benefit personally and professionally in ways they had not expected.
Taproot Foundation is looking for highly skilled pro bono Marketing Consultants to lead all aspects of our team-driven Service Grant projects for local Washington, D.C. nonprofits. Our pro bono Marketing teams provide nonprofits with the tools to help communicate clear and effective messages with their funders, donors, partners, and the community.
If you have experience working on high-impact marketing campaigns,
opportunities at all levels including:
- Account Directors set the projects up for success by providing high-level guidance for the team of pro bono consultants, negotiating executive-level relationships with the nonprofit clients, and managing challenges that arise during the project. Successful pro bono Account Directors are typically Director/VP/Partner-level executives with 10+ years of marketing, branding or print experience.
- Program Managers ensure that the nonprofit clients are delivered high-quality, on-scope, on time and strategic project deliverables by providing day-to-day management of the cross-functional marketing team. Successful pro bono Project Managers are typically upper-management-level executives with 5+ years of experience leading branding and/or print marketing teams.
- Brand Strategists lead the discovery process and create the strategic direction that will guide the nonprofit's key messages, naming or visual identity to help facilitate high-level market positioning. Successful pro bono Brand Strategists are typically Brand Managers, Branding Consultants or senior management-level executives with 5+ years of experience working at a marketing or creative agency.
- Marketing Managers help nonprofits ensure that they are communicating the right message to their clients, donors and partners by contributing to the discovery process, and establishing the market strategy for branding, print collateral or website projects. Successful pro bono Marketing Managers are typically Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialist or Director-level executives with 3+ years of experience creating and executing branding, print or web marketing programs.
- Copywriters help the nonprofits tell their story in a compelling way through print collateral, key messages or web communication that entice stakeholders and inspires support for their programs. Successful pro bono Copywriters typically have 3+ years of experience in copywriting at a marketing or advertising firm, and are able to creatively translate ideas and concepts into words. (Writing Samples Required)
- Graphic Designers help the nonprofits visually differentiate themselves and communicate their programs to address community needs by taking creative lead in designing a new visual identity, print collateral piece or website layout. Successful pro bono Graphic Designers typically have 3+ years of experience in Graphic Design at an agency or as an internal Graphic Designer. (Portfolio Required)
We make it easy for you to make a meaningful and lasting impact in
community. Projects are designed to work around your busy professional
schedule and require a 3-5 hour commitment each week over the course of
approximately 6 months.
Register for a position on a team at www.taprootfoundation.org/giveprobono/
About Taproot Foundation
Taproot Foundation is a nonprofit organization that makes business talent available to organizations working to improve society. We engage marketing, technology, strategy, design, and HR management professionals in pro bono projects, called Service Grants, which benefit local nonprofits. Our goal is to ensure that one day all organizations with promising solutions will be equipped to successfully take on urgent social challenges. To date, we have engaged over 4,500 professionals on more than 1,000 pro bono projects benefiting education, health, environment, social service, and arts initiatives.