From the Desk of Regan Lamb, AMADC President
According to the Corporation for National and Community Service, nearly 63 million Americans volunteered in the last year, contributing 8 billion hours of volunteer time. Last week was national volunteer appreciation week, an important time to think about the people dedicated to making a difference in the communities we live in, in so many ways.
At AMADC, a week just doesn’t do justice to the appreciation that we have for our volunteers! So, we're dedicating the entire month of May to highlighting and showing thanks to the men and women who bring AMADC to life.
Volunteering is a gift of time. You may not realize it, but everything we do at AMADC is because of our volunteers. From the communications team, to the research team, to the membership team, to the programing team, to the executive committee… we are powered by amazing individuals who freely give their time to make a difference in how our members experience AMADC. And, to all of you that have given us your time, and have made sacrifices to push our mission forward, we are incredibly thankful!
It’s hard to believe but there are only eight weeks left in our fiscal year—and we’ve packed those weeks with a LOT of events. I hope to see you at one of them. And if you haven’t had the chance to get involved this year, now is your chance!
- May 9: Networking heats up at Sixth Engine in NoMa
- May 11: Learn the intricacies of using Humor in Marketing during our lunch-hour How-To event with Greg Roth, chief Idea Enthusiast of GRcreative
- May 23: Go behind-the-scenes with us and Hilton’s marketing team to examine their award-winning "Stop Clicking Around" global ad campaign
- June 1, 15 and 28; July 13: Craft, pitch and publish your own op-ed in 3 progressive sessions during our SIG Series: Collaborate to Get Published – A Journey on Thought Leadership
- June 12: Hear what it’s like to be part of one of AMADC’s signature programs—The Mentor Program—during our social, which celebrates the Past, Present and Future of Mentoring
Plus, stay tuned for details about our end-of-year Summer Soiree!
Come on out, get engaged, volunteer!