80th Anniversary Top Marketer Awards Gala
This premier event will provide:
- The platform to showcase your own or someone else’s most innovative and creative marketing projects not only to members and guests of AMADC at the event, but to greater Washington’s entire business community. Honorees will be featured in a special custom insert in the Washington Business Journal.
- The ability to network with peers in the industry and see award-winning marketing initiatives.
This is one you won’t want to miss. AMADC’s 80th Anniversary Marketing Awards Gala is designed to be Washington’s most prestigious event honoring marketers across all marketing disciplines – including marketing communications, brand and brand identity, social media, website design, digital/interactive, event marketing, and more. The competition will be strong, the judges will be tough, and your work will have the opportunity to rise above the rest. Nominate your own or another marketer's work for the chance to join an elite circle of honorees.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 5:00 pm, October 1, 2012.
Details on Nominations
Each entry must have a marketing focus with quantifiable, measurable results, be in its original form, and must have been completed within the District of Columbia, State of Virginia or State of Maryland.
Projects must have been completed within the 18 months prior to October 1, 2012. Each nomination must be prepared according to the checklist or will be subject to disqualification. You may enter as many campaigns/activities as you like, but you must submit each nomination separately.
The AMADC and Washington Business Journal 80th Anniversary Top Marketer Awards Gala will select the top marketing initiatives from each of the following market categories:
- Government/Public Sector
- Start-up Firm (in business for three years or less)
- Commercial – Small (less than $7M in annual revenue)
- Commercial – Medium ($7-35M in annual revenue)
- Commercial – Large (greater than $35M in annual revenue)
- Agency/Professional Services
How to EnterNominate your own work or that of a colleague, associate, manager or friend!
Each nomination must be prepared according to the checklist below or will be subject to disqualification.
- All entries become the property of AMADC and will not be returned.
- Complete the online submission form for each entry. Be sure to complete all fields, as each is important relative to the judging criteria and process. The primary – and preferred – method for submission of your work products is via the online upload tool at this site. If your work is in a format/medium that can be uploaded (versus physically delivered to our offices), please submit via this website process.
- If the work product is a website or is able to be viewed on a website where it is hosted (i.e., video, etc.) please indicate that URL in the space provided.
- For market research projects, submission of blinded materials is permitted to ensure confidentiality.
- All entries must be accompanied by a high resolution headshot photograph and professional biography of the nominee. These will be used to announce the winners in a special section of the Washington Business Journal (WBJ). Biographies may be edited by AMADC and/or WBJ to accommodate space limitations.
- Formats and media that cannot be submitted via online upload or accessed via a third party website should be delivered to the AMADC office to arrive no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, September 28, 2012. Entries must be sent via courier or overnight delivery, or dropped-off in person ONLY (please DO NOT MAIL) to:
400 North Washington Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Judging CriteriaNominations will be evaluated by AMADC’s panel of judges based on innovation and creativity, achievements in increasing or maintaining sales, using creative problem-solving methods, reaching or exceeding company/client goals, impacting a business or industry, and exhibiting exemplary teamwork or individual leadership, including distinguishing oneself from competition.
Judging Process and CriteriaThe 80th Awards Judging Committee sets all judging criteria and tabulates and certifies the finalists and winners selected by the judges. A panel of seasoned marketing professionals will judge the entries. Our judges come from several sources, including AMADC Board of Directors members, university professors, and senior marketers with proven track records. Up to five finalists in each market category may be selected at the discretion of the judges. Finalists will be notified prior to the awards gala, and one finalist from each category will be announced as the winner during the ceremony. If the judges feel that no entries for a category meet the criteria to win, they may decline to select a winner for that category. Each entry must include answers to the Judging Criteria questions. Judges score each answer on a 1 to 10 scale. The entry earning the highest number of points will be declared the winner.
Notification of WinnersFinalists for each award category will be notified prior to the event and winners will be announced at the AMADC and Washington Business Journal 80th Anniversary Top Marketer Awards Gala event on October 25, 2012 at Carnegie Institution for Science, 1530 P Street Northwest, Washington, DC. Special recognition awards (e.g., Marketer of the Year; AMADC Member of the Year, Hall of Fame Award) may also be announced at this gala event.
Entry Fees and DeadlinesThere is no entry fee for nominations. Entry deadline, including receipt of ALL relevant materials is October 1, 2012 at 5:00pm. Entries received after that date, including incomplete submissions, cannot be evaluated.
The AMADC staff and 80th Anniversary Top Marketer Awards committee are here to answer any questions you may have about entry nominations. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com